Welcome. You are here: Home : Company
About our Company
Broken Keyboards Software was founded in 1999 in Johannesburg, South Africa by Simon Stewart as a vehicle to offer services to the local SME market.
Since our formation we have succesfully completed work for several clients around South Africa as well as in the United States and United Kingdom.
We are a micro-ISV. See our products.
Instead of predefining a set way of working before even meeting with the client, Broken Keyboards Software adapts itself as far as possible based on the client's unique needs and culture.
We use various combinations of the following industry accepted methodologies: rational unified process, extreme programming and agile.
Broken Keyboards Software only offers services that we specialise and excel in. These include:
- developing software programs for the Windows environment
- developer training - .NET, C#, MS SQL Server, ASP.NET, VB6 migrations
- technical consulting - development practices, architectural reviews
- Firefox 3 addon (extension) development and training
Some of our recent customers have been kind enough to provide us with the following:
I would just like to thank Broken Keyboards Software for the excellent way in which they conduct business.
I had a traffic synchronization program ( Sync Doctor ) developed by the above company and the service and reliability of my dealings with Broken Keyboards was outstanding to say the least.
The development of the program took six months in total. I was amazed to see how effortless they made the task seem as it is a complex idea in traffic engineering terms.
Thank you again for your outstanding service."
The Broken Keyboards Software trainer provided was extremely professional. In addition we have had very positive feedback from our clients on the way the trainer’s knowledge, presentation skills and their willingness “to go the extra mile” for our students...
We have no hesitation in recommending Broken Keyboards Software and their trainers..."
Regional Operations Director, ITIntellect
Our people in the press
See some of our staff mentioned in the local press:
- South African 2006 Technical Blog of the Year Award - runner up.
- South African 2005 Technical Blog of the Year Award - winner.
- Recognition of the MS MVP award.
- Involvements in a local developer site.
- Comments on Microsoft's 2004 reshuffle.
- Interview on the .NET Show in Los Angeles (2003). Transcript available here.